Hepatitis C Among Pregnant Women Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:00 pm Eastern
Please join us for a webinar this Wednesday, December 13, 2017 on hepatitis C (HCV) among pregnant women. The webinar will feature five healthcare professionals who will provide information about increasing rates of hepatitis C among women of childbearing potential and pregnant women. The webinar will also include a discussion of whether expanded hepatitis C screening among pregnant women is warranted.
The webinar will cover:
- The increased rates of HCV in pregnant women and its relationship to opioid use.
- Data on the HCV care cascade for pregnant women.
- An update on CDC work on HCV screening guidelines during pregnancy.
- Activities that can be implemented by health departments and health centers that address HCV in pregnant women.
Hepatitis C Among Pregnant Women
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:00 pm Eastern
- Jorge Mera, MD, Director of Infectious Diseases for Cherokee Nation Health Service (Moderator)
- Kimberly Page, Ph.D., MPH, MS, Professor and Chief of Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Preventive Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
- Stephen Patrick, MD, MPH, MS, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Health Policy, Division of Neonatology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Kathy Sanders, RN, MSN, Adult Viral Hepatitis Prevention Program Coordinator, Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Sarah Schillie, MD, Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC
For more information about this webinar, contact;
Tina Broder, NVHR’s Program Director.