April 18, 2019 one day conference (7.5CEs)- Legal Cannabis: A Blunt discussion of Health and Safety Issues in the Emerging Cannabis Industry and the Impact of Legal Adult Use in the Workplace
Full info and registration here: https://aiha-ncs.org/announcements.php?id=66
Event location: SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory 2575 Sand Hill Rd. Menlo Park, CA 94025
The legal cannabis industry has emerged in 34 States as well as Canada and is posing Health and Safety challenges to businesses engaged in the cultivation, processing, and retailing of cannabis and cannabis products. Legal adult use is also posing challenges to non-cannabis businesses as there is currently no legal definition of what constitutes “impairment.” This one-day symposium will focus on identifying workplace safety hazards, exposure risks, and mitigation strategies within the cannabis industry as well as explore the standards around the country for determining what constitutes “cannabis impairment”, the legal ramifications and ho employers are addressing .
Speakers include experts from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Center for Disease Control and Prevention / The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Western States Division, California Growers Association, American Industrial Hygiene Association’s Cannabis Health & Safety Task Force as well as other professionals serving the Cannabis industry.
At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize workplace hazards in the cannabis industry, including within the growing, harvesting, and processing environments
- Identify necessary safety program components in the workplace, such as hazard assessments and personal protective equipment assessments
- Discuss job types, activities, the scope of the cannabis workforce, and areas for future research
- Understand some of the legal, licensing and health & safety requirements for different types of cannabis operations
- Understand the relationship between safety sensitive and decision critical operations
- Learn how different organizations are adjusting their labor policies until cannabis impairment can be better defined.
Who should attend:
This educational activity is intended for:
- Occupational and environmental health and safety professionals including
- Occupational physicians
- Occupational health nurses
- Registered environmental health specialists
- Industrial hygienists
- Certified safety professionals
- Cannabis industry personnel, including
- Business owners,
- Production Managers,
- Facility Managers
- Regulatory Agency personnel who may inspect cannabis facilities
- Industry service personnel that may enter cannabis facilities, and
- Human Resource professionals who may have workplaces that could be impacted by personnel that could potentially be “impaired.”
Price includes Continental Breakfast as well as a Boxed Lunch and snacks.
This event meets ABIH® and BCSP CM criteria.
Parking is free.
Cancellations received prior to April 12, will have course fees refunded, less a $50 administrative fee. No refunds will be made on cancellations after that date.
MediSHARE Environmental Health & Safety is a sponsor. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14069 for 7.5 contact hours.
Please contact us about sponsorship and logo placement opportunities.
We hope to see you there!!
$210.00 AIHA/ASSP Member Price
$185.00 Earlybird rate before April 1
$235.00 Non-Member Price
$210.00 Earlybird rate before April 1
$85.00 Student Price
$60.00 Earlybird rate before April 1
$120.00 Emeritus/Retiree Price
$95.00 Earlybird rate before April 1
$175.00 Government Price
$150.00 Earlybird rate before April 1
$245.00 Walk-In Day Of Event