Safety and emergency response in the outdoors
Matthew P. DeAngelis, MS, RN, ANP-BC, COHN-S & Lance Lougee
This event offers
1.75 CEU credits
CE accredited by CE accredited by CEP# 6919 CA BRN.
- 9:30-10:00: Meet and Greet at porch or living room in the Alpine Club
- 10:00-11:00: Outdoor Adventure: plan for the unplanned and still have fun. (Tap your inner Macgyver). Speaker: Matt DeAngelis
- Understand the concept of risk-based decision making in a remote setting.
- Know when to call for help.
- Learn about packing a first aid kit tailored for your adventure.
- 11:00-11:45 Topic to be determined. Speaker: Lance Lougee
- 11:45-12:30: Networking lunch provided by CECRAOHN
- 1:00pm: Optional hike on Mount Tam
- RVSP early (we are limited to 25 participants)
CECRAOHN Members and Students registration fee: $15
- Non-Member fee: $30
Bring your registration fee to the event or mail your check to:
CECRAOHN P.O. Box 3132 Los Altos, CA 94024
Please include your email address & RN License# on your check.
Alpine Lodge is located on the south slope of Mt. Tamalpais, at 730 Panoramic Highway, Mill Valley, California 94941 (one block from the Mountain Home bus stop). To contact someone at the lodge, call 415-380-8250.
Take 101 North Take exit 445 B CA-1 to Mill Valley Stinson Beach, Follow CA-1 to Panoramic Highway.
- Alpine Club on Google Maps
Health and Safety in the Wilderness
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Matthew P. DeAngelis, MS, RN, ANP-BC, COHN-S and Lance Lougee, Emergency Management Coordinator, SLAC
1.75 CE Credits
1. Understand the concept of risk-based decision making in a remote setting.
2. Know when to call for help.
3. Learn about packing a first aid kit tailored for your adventure.