Health Effects of Wildfires
Sumi Hoshiko, MPH, Env. Health Investigations Branch, CDPH
This event offers
2.0 CEU credits
CE accredited by CEP# 6919 CA BRN.
Due to poor air quality and related health concerns, this event has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date. We apologize for any inconveniences.
- 10:00: Meet at Delancey Street Restaurant (600 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94107)
- 10:00-10:30: CECRAOHN meeting
- 10:30-11:30: Wildfire and Health Effects Presentation
- 11:30-12:00: Preliminary Results on the Women Firefighters Biomonitoring Collaborative
- 12:00-1:00: Lunch provided by CECRAOHN
- 1:00-1:15: Walk to the Fire Boat at Station 35 (399 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94105), approx 10-15 minute walk
- 1:30-2:30: Fire Boat ride on the San Francisco Bay
- All participants must wear flat, closed-toe shoes. It is best if the soles are non-slip.
- Food and drink are not allowed on board.
- Consider bringing sunscreen, a hat, and a jacket.
- All participants must be fully mobile and able to board the vessel without assistance.
- All participants will need to read and sign the Fire Boat Ride Along Agreement/Release of Liability form. This form is attached and will also be available at the event.
- Muni - the N Judah and the K/T trains both stop near the Delancey Street Restaurant (Embarcadero & Brannan) and the Fire Boat (Folsom & Embarcadero)
- Find local parking garages using websites such as Spot Hero or Spot Angels, parking may cost ~ $15
- Metered street parking
RSVP: Register for the Event and additional information
- CECRAOHN Members and Students registration fee: $10
- Non-Member fee: $20
Lunch is free for all registrants.
Bring your registration fee to the event or mail your check to:
CECRAOHN P.O. Box 3132 Los Altos, CA 94024
Please include your email address & RN License# on your check.